Friday, February 22, 2008

At Changi

Free Internet access everywhere in Changi airport! The Singapore airport is equipped with many computer terminals where Internet access is provided for travellers, but only for 15 minutes mind you. That's not so bad - still better than nothing.

I took the 10.25 a.m. flight out of Bayan Lepas earlier today, and reached Changi International airport by noon. I got the window seat, but unfortunately the only view I had was of the plane's wing. It was nice and sturdy, and I felt really safe.

As soon as I landed, I walked around and noticed that the airport was more like a mall than any other airports I've been in. And boy, are the staff friendly! It seems like they read your body language, and out of nowhere they appear to help you (with a smile) if you look like you're stumped (i.e. you don't know where to go or what to do).


I'm using one of those 15 minutes Internet stations to post this, one that's near the Hard Rock Cafe. I'll be boarding my next flight to LA soon.


But of course, not before having some lunch. I discovered a nice little place in this huge airport named Breks. They serve good coffee and wonderful pizza, and you could even look at the airplanes while you eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home