Friday, February 09, 2007

Dining Out @ Chili's Mid Valley – Part 1 (February)



I went to Chili’s last night with Gangga for dinner, just as we planned. I’ve always wanted to go there ever since I heard Frashad raving about it when I was back in Penang some time ago. Gangga’s a Chili’s veteran, so he was helpful in telling me what’s hot and what’s not. The ambiance in the restaurant was nice, for a while I forgot that I was in Mid Valley. We were told we have to wait to sit in the non-smoking area – we didn’t really mind where we were going to sit because we were really hungry. So we got a table near the bar, which was quite nice as we got to observe the bartenders making drinks. Muz from my office told me to try out the “Monterey Chicken” with “Triple Play” for appetizers. We ordered the appetizer but “Monterey Chicken” was no go…because it comes with beef bacon. I asked the waiter if the beef could be replaced with something else, like maybe more chicken? He gave us a disgusted look and said, “No, we don’t do that. You can choose to omit the beef from the dish though”

It was then, my turn to look at the waiter with the same disgusted look. I am not going to pay more than RM30 for an incomplete dish. Hah, nice try Chili’s waiter!

When I was looking through the menu earlier, I did notice a dish called ‘Citrus Fire Chicken and Shrimp” – it’s basically rice with shrimp and a huge piece of boneless chicken breast with slices of lemon, tomatoes and sautéed broccoli and cauliflowers.

What, rice again? I know…I know! But it looked really nice…and though the prawns tasted slightly raw, the rice, chicken and the rest were absolutely fabulous. I cherished every bite. Mamamia!


The appetizer was good too, “Triple Play” featured Chicken Crispers®, Boneless Buffalo Wings and Fried Cheese with sauces for dipping. One of the sauces were sour cream, can’t remember the other two. I was too busy enjoying them to note down the names, so sue me. Chili’s got a really cool “bottomless” drinks concept – you pay for one soft drink, and then you can get free refills. As many as you want! And you’re not limited to the first drink you order for the refills. You can have a glass of iced lemon tea the first time, and when you ask for refills you can request for Coke Light instead.

Then finally, I had a truly sinful glass of rich chocolate milkshake with chocolate sprinkles.

Gangga had two glasses of Margarita and Prawn Alfredo. We shared the appetizers. The bill came up to RM166, which included tax and service charges. Sigh. My food alone was around RM60. Them Margaritas were expensive, god I’m glad I don’t drink!

Will I go back? Definitely. But not anytime soon, because next on the list is TGI Fridays!

The bill:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home